There’s no doubt in saying that Android is the best operating system ever made, Android has lot flexibility and perfect operating system for next-generation smartphones. Every year Google releases a new Android version with a lot of improvements in UI and features. This time in probably in August the giant is going to release Android 7.0 Version officially, and it is named as Android 7.0 Nougat. As per the sources, Google has made many improvements behind the scenes before launching the official release dates. However, still there would be some bugs or improvements which probably will be made after the publication and based on the user reviews
The interesting part of Android 7.0 Nougat is that your battery will last longer between the charges, and you will also see a tremendous battery usage improvement later on. So today in this article we’ll cover all the pros & cons of Nougat. Also, we’ll share our review in this section itself. So without wasting any time further let’s get started.
Android 7.0 Nougat Review:
Android 7.0 Nougat comes with a bunch of new and improved features which makes it more amazing. To install the Nougat Update on Marshmallow devices, you need to download 1.10 Gb file and install it on your Android device. Worth downloading if we look at the features and optimizations in Nougat.
The new Doze mode is very much useful to the save battery while the screen is off, The option is provided under the hood which can be accessed with a tap of a button. The Doze mode also helps in battery saving when you are not working/using the device but still, the screen is on.
The time for installing updates is also improved in Nougat; Now you don’t need to wait for long to install any OS updates on your android. The process and installation will be a lot of easy and smoother than ever. And also do not disturb mode has become even smarter then earlier it used to be. Also, there’s a change in call blocking functionality, Now your call blocking list can be accessed by third-party apps too.
Insecurity things, the face recognition has got smarter and accurate in unlocking the device. Instead of pin, pattern, voice, you can face the security detection feature to unlock your phone within a second. Also, there are some improvements made by the developers in voice security feature, but still I would prefer face detection feature over voice
The gaming experience is superb and amazing on Nougat; Android 7.0 comes with a new API called Vulkan which enhances the 3d graphics games on the devices which it supports. Nougat has an inbuilt Virtual Reality Mode feature for amazing and wonderful VR experience using Google’s push VR handset.
Also Read: Top 8 Best Toddler Apps for Android Smartphones
Android 7.0 Nougat Release date:
According to some big media, techy Giants the release of Android 7.0 Nougat was released in August, But the commercial release date is yet to announce, However as per the rumors, source most likely it would be released in October. But still we are not sure about the release date, it all depends on Google
The very first Android version was released in early 2007, and it was named as Alpha. However, it took almost one year for the giant to release it commercially that September 2008. There is no 1.1 or 1.2 version of the Android operating system. Google directly launched 1.5 version of Android that is the cupcake. Likely the developers started making improvements and optimizations to make Android as the most popular OS and unique from other OS’s. Now a large percentage of smartphones are using Android across the world.
Android Versions and Features:
let’s have a look at the version of Android, and it features before starting our Nougat Review.
- Early in 2008, Google launched the first version of Android commercially that is Alpha in the month of September. Alpha was used to come with some pre-installed Google apps like youtube, google map, google talker. Also, comes with WIFI and Bluetooth support. Basic web browser and Android market called Google play store
- On 27th April 2009, Next Android 1.5 version was released all over the world, and it was named as Cupcake. A bunch of new features and fixes were made in this version compared the older version Alpha. It comes with a soft keyboard like iPhones, making it very much easier and smooth experience in typing. A beautifully polished user interface is packed with Cupcake version.
- In September 2009 Google launched 1.6 Android version called Donut with their Nexus smartphones which are made by LG. Donut had some cool features in the camera with new and optimized UI. Also, comes with a quick search box
- In October 2009 Google launched another Android version and named it as Eclair. In this version, Google added voice search feature and improvements in speed
- Android 2.2 Version Froyo was released in may 2010. Tons of new things and improvements were made in this version. Features like USB tethering, support for Bluetooth enabled cars, etc. were added
- In the same year, Google launched Android 2.3 version in December naming it as Gingerbread. This version comes with an updated user interface and simplicity in speed. Copy/paste functionality enhanced in this version
- Android 3.0 Honeycomb was launched in February 2011. This version was specially designed and developed for tablets. That’s why we don’t see smartphones with 3.0 version often. Holographic interface for tablets. Enhanced multitasking ability and quick access to app settings.
- In October 2011, Version 4.0 Ice cream sandwich released. Drag and drop style introduced and also pinch to zoom feature. Improved the correct of error in keyboards
- Android version 4.1, Jellybean was launched in July 2012. The sync feature is perfectly optimized in this version and also provided a smooth user interface. The boost in Cpu for better performance.
- On October 31st, 2013, Android version 4.4 KitKat was launched commercially. One of the best features of this version was wireless printing capability. The sensor is batching improved and audio tunneling. Comes with new Framework for Smooth UI transitions
- Android 5.0 Lollipop was launched in November 2014. In this version, developers added support for 64-bit Cpu smartphones. Audio inputs through USB devices system add and many minor features were added
- In October 2015 Android marshmallow was launched by Google. Added ”On Tap” Feature. Introduced Doze mode which reduces the CPU work while the screen is off and saves battery
- Android 7.0 Nougat was launched in August 2016, the significant amount of features and improvements were made which we will discuss later in this article.
Must Read: Z4root app Latest Apk Download And It’s Features
Android 7.0 Nougat Features:
- Quick Switching Between Apps: If you are having a mid-spec device or a low spec device then you often might face lags or crashes while doing multitasking or switching between the recently used apps. In Nougat the experience of switching between the apps was quite smooth and impressive. You can directly jump into any recently used app within a blink of an eye
- Split Screen: Even most of the high-end phones doesn’t support Split screen functionality, You need to use any third party app to get this feature. In Nougat it comes with inbuilt. Split screen works fine in portrait as well as in landscape mode without getting the hang.
- Enhanced Multi-Tasking Ability: After a lot of improvements made by the developers, I can see the improved performance of Multi Tasking on almost any mid-range devices. It’s good to see that Google is trying hard to improve the multitasking feature because the split screen feature is the bit complicated to handle
- Better UI and Speed: You can also observe a significant boost in speed and reliability between switching and opening the app in Nougat. At least works better than it’s predecessor MarshMallow
- UI Tuner: With the help of UI Tuner you can set the Appriority of any particular app notifications to make it handier. You can do the settings from Power Controlling Tab itself
I am not saying that everything in Nougat is impressive, There are some cons also which I will be mentioned by the end of the article.
Android 7.0 Nougat Pros:
- On the go, Doze mode to extend the battery life
- Split screen feature and improved multitasking feature
- Comes with daydream and Google’s new VR platform
- User-friendly options and beautifully designed OS
- Improved Notification settings and shade
- Gives access to quick settings in hurry times
Android 7.0 Nougat Cons:
- Not every Android device which is running on Nougat supports Daydream and VR
- Notification menu could be improved to look more attractive
That’s all to say about Nougat Cons. Hopefully, everything will be running fine, but still, we can’t say what problem or issue you might face
I hope in this article I covered maximum things, but if you think I still missed something, then please feel free to comment it down below. So, guys, it’s up to you now whether to update your android version or stick with marshmallow/lollipop. If you ask me then I would say whether to update or not then I would wait for a few weeks because not every app you use daily is compatible with Nougat. Still, it’s a great OS with a lot of improvements. That’s it for today.